See Cats files
The cats are strict carnivores (not omnivores like us) and their digestive system is fully adapted to the optimal digestion of proteins of animal origin. Therefore, although they may benefit from the moderate introduction of certain fruits and vegetables beneficial to their health (from 10% to 15% of their daily diet as a maximum), the cat's diet should provide a high content of good quality meat, such as beef, chicken, turkey, fish or organ meats among others.
Among the aforementioned proteins of animal origin, chicken (especially breast) stands out as one of the most beneficial meats for our felines due to its high nutritional contribution and low fat content, and can even be included in the diet of obese cats.
If you are considering the option of making home made recepies for your cat, in AnimalWised we have prepared a list with 5 chicken recipes for cats very easy to make that will also be delicious for the exquisite palate of your feline. ¡Keep reading to discover them!You may also be interested: 5 recipes for cat paté Index
- Homemade chicken liver pate for cats
- Chicken and pumpkin meatballs for cats
- Tasty dehydrated chicken snacks
- Homemade chicken and carrot ice cream for your cat
- Chicken, pea and oatmeal cookies for cats
- Discover more homemade recipes for cats!
Homemade chicken liver pate for cats
The texture, aroma and flavor of the patés are very stimulating for our felines, even for puppy cats. Although you can find several brands in pet supply stores, you can also make homemade patés very tasty and fresh to whet the appetite of your feline companions.
On this occasion, we will teach you how to prepare pate with chicken liver for cats, but you can also use bovine offal, tuna, salmon and various other meats to make homemade patés.
- 4 units of chicken liver
- 1 tablespoon mashed sweet potato or cooked potato
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- We will start by taking a small saucepan to boil the chicken livers for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Afterwards, we process or mash the livers and the sweet potato or potato puree with a fork until we obtain a consistent paste. Once we have the puree ready, add the liver and mix well.
- Finally, we add the olive oil and the parsley to our preparation and we hope that the pate is at room temperature to offer our cat.
2. Chicken and pumpkin meatballs for cats
In this recipe we will also have the properties of olive oil for cats and the anti-inflammatory and digestive action of turmeric to please the appetite of our felines and also benefit their health with natural and fresh ingredients. Check out how to prepare these delicious chicken and pumpkin meatballs for your cat below:
- 1 cup of chicken meat
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/3 cup of rice flour
- ½ cup organic oatmeal
- To start making these meatballs for cats, we will cut the chicken meat into very small pieces.
- Then we mix all the ingredients, mixing the solids and liquids well..
- When we obtain a consistent dough, with a good league, we can already shape our meatballs, making small balls with our hands.
- Now, we will coat our meatballs with the organic oats. If you prefer, you can use barley, flax or whole wheat flour instead of the oats..
- Next, we take a previously oiled baking sheet and take our chicken and pumpkin meatballs to the preheated oven at 160ºC about 12-15 minutes.
- When they are well cooked, we remove the meatballs from the oven and wait for them to cool before offering them to our felines..
- This preparation can be kept in the fridge for 5 or 6 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months..
3. Tasty dehydrated chicken snacks
Snacks or treats are very useful not only to please the demanding palate of our felines, but also to stimulate their learning and reward their efforts by proposing new activities, tasks and intelligence games. Positive reinforcement in cats as a method of education is based precisely (speaking in a very simplified way) on rewarding the positive actions and behaviors of our kittens to encourage their assimilation and subsequent execution, in addition to stimulating their physical, cognitive, emotional and social capacities..
For this reason, we suggest you make your own healthy and natural chicken snacks to please and teach your cat. As you will see, the production process is very simple and to make them you only need 4 inexpensive and easy-to-find ingredients..
- Chicken breast (1 unit)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Organic oats
- The first step in making these delicious homemade snacks for your cat is to cut the chicken breasts into thin slices or strips..
- Then, with the help of a kitchen paper, we will dry these slices one by one on their entire surface.
- Then, we will brush one by one with the olive oil and season them with the finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Now, we position our chicken slices on a previously oiled plate and we will bring them to medium heat (previously heated to 180ºC) for about 15 minutes (or until you notice a golden appearance on the bottom of the slices.
- Then, we will turn the slices and leave them for another 15 minutes in the oven.
- We will wait until our chicken snacks are at room temperature to offer them to our cats.
- If you want, you can freeze your homemade snacks for up to 3 months or keep them in the fridge for about a week.
4. Homemade chicken and carrot ice cream for your cat
You are probably wondering, ¿can cats eat ice cream? The truth is that, when summer approaches, we must be especially attentive to the health of our felines to prevent dehydration or heat stroke. A great way to keep your cat well hydrated and to cool him off during the warmer days is to prepare a few tasty homemade ice cream with beneficial ingredients.
Probably, when we talk about preparing homemade ice cream, you think of sweet recipes with tasty fruits of the season. However, it is also possible to prepare homemade ice creams or popsicles for your feline very protein using chicken, turkey or tuna meat. In this opportunity, we will teach you how to make an exquisite and healthy homemade chicken and carrot ice cream for your kitten.. ¡Read on to discover the full recipe!
- 1/2 cup of chicken
- 1 medium carrot finely grated
- 1/2 cup of rice milk or plain yogurt without sugar and without lactose
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- To start, we will boil the chicken and, when it is at room temperature, we will fray it.
- Then, we will process all the ingredients until we obtain a homogeneous and lump-free mixture.
- We pour our preparation into a container to make popsicles or ice cream, cover with a paper and a jelly bean, and take it to the freezer. If you do not have a specific container for making ice cream, you can make small homemade popsicles in the ice cube trays..
- When the ice creams already acquire the right consistency, it will be enough to unmold them and offer them to our kittens. Of course, these chicken and carrot popsicles are supplements to the diet of cats and should be offered in moderation..
5. Chicken, pea and oatmeal cookies for cats
The last of our chicken recipes for cats proposes you to make some nutritious ones homemade cookies that can complement your feline's diet, as well as act as treats when teaching your cat. In this opportunity, we will combine the lean protein of chicken breast with the vitamins and minerals of peas, in addition to betting again on the multiple properties of turmeric. The step by step to prepare it is detailed below, do not miss.
- 1 cup of chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon of previously cooked peas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- First, we will boil the chicken with water and shred it.
- Then, we will process the shredded chicken, the well-previously cooked peas, the egg and the oil until obtaining a consistent and homogeneous dough..
- Then, we will add the flour, the oats and the turmeric and mix the dough vigorously with the help of a spoon, spatula or a whisk..
- To get to work and give a beautiful format to our cookies, we will put the dough obtained in the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- Then, we can spread the dough on a floured countertop and cut the cookies into the shape that we like the most, using a mold if necessary..
- In an oiled and floured plate, we arrange our cookies and take them to the oven previously heated to 180ºC for about 15 minutes (or until cooked through and lightly browned).
- When they are already at room temperature, we can offer these delicious chicken, pea and oatmeal cookies to our kittens.
Discover more homemade recipes for cats!
Varying our feline's diet in a timely manner, either through prizes or homemade recipes, is a great way to improve the link and offer an extra in the daily enrichment. For this reason, at AnimalWised we offer you many other ideas, such as recipes for cat treats, homemade recipes for puppy cats or some great homemade cookies for cats..
In addition, for special occasions you can prepare a delicious meatloaf for cats or one of our gourmet homemade recipes for cats, ¡exquisite!