See Dogs files
If you are passionate about mythology, classical history and their divinities Choosing a mythological name for your dog probably fits your personality, style, and hobbies beautifully. In addition, selecting a name related to mythology will make your best friend's nickname have a very specific meaning and become original and unique..
In this AnimalWised article we will show you a complete list with mythological names for dogs in which you will find more than 100 ideas and their meaning. We also offer you some basic recommendations to choose the name properly and make you remember it. ¡You can not lose this!You may also be interested in: Names for dogs with the letter J Index
- How to choose a suitable name for a dog?
- Names for dogs from Norse or Viking mythology
- Names for dogs from Greek Mythology
- Names for dogs from Egyptian Mythology
- Names for dogs from Roman Mythology
- Haven't found a name for your dog?
How to choose a suitable name for a dog?
Before choosing any of the mythological names for dogs that we have prepared, it will be essential to know some tricks that will help you select it. Follow our tricks to teach your dog to recognize his name and ensure that the chosen one is easy to remember:
- Avoid using names that can be confused with common words in your vocabulary or with the names of other people or pets that live in the home.
- It is advisable to choose some of the short names for dogs, as they are easier to remember than other longer and more complex ones..
- The vowels "a ", "e " and "i " are much more positive than "o " and "u " and tend to have a better acceptance.
- Choose a name with a clear and sonorous pronunciation.
Names for dogs from Norse or Viking mythology
Norse or Scandinavian mythology is the one we relate to the ancients Vikings and that it comes from the northern Germanic peoples. It is a mixture of religion, beliefs and legends. There was neither a sacred book nor a truth handed down from the gods to men. It was transmitted orally and in the form of poetry.
- Nidhogg - dragon that dwells in the roots of the world.
- Asgard - high region of the sky where the gods live.
- Hela - guard the residence of the dead.
- Dagr Y Nott - The day and the night.
- Peanut Y Hati - the moon and the wolf that chases her.
- Odin - the noblest and most important god.
- Thor - god of thunder who possesses iron gloves.
- Bragi - god of wisdom.
- Heimdall - son of nine maidens, guards the gods and hardly sleeps.
- Höor - mysterious blind god.
- To live - melancholic and sad, this god resolves any conflict.
- Ok - god of archer soldiers.
- Ull - god of close combat.
- Loki - unpredictable and capricious god, creates chaos and chance.
- Vanir - gods of the sea, nature and forests.
- Jotuns - giants, wise and dangerous beings for man.
- Surt Y Hrym - giants leading the forces of destruction.
- Valkyries - feminine, beautiful and strong warriors, the heroes fallen in battle brought to Vallhala.
- Vallhala - hall of Asgard, ruled by Odin is where the brave rest.
- Fenrir - giant wolf.
Names for dogs from Greek Mythology
Greek mythology it has myths and legends dedicated to its gods and heroes. They respond to the nature of the world and its origins. It was the religion of the Ancient Greece and we can find a great variety of figures to whom stories that were transmitted orally were dedicated.
Names of gods for dogs
The twelve Olympians:
- Zeus: king of gods, sky and thunder.
- Hera: goddess of marriage and family.
- Poseidon: lord of the seas, earthquakes and horses.
- Dionisio: god of wine, celebrations and ecstasy
- Apollo: god of light, the sun, poetry and archery.
- Sagebrush: virgin goddess of hunting, childbirth and of all animals.
- Hermes: messenger of the gods, god of commerce and thieves.
- Athena: virgin goddess of wisdom.
- Ares: god of violence, war and blood.
- Aphrodite: goddess of love and desire.
- Hephaestus: god of fire and the forge.
- Demeter: goddess of fertility and agriculture.
Greek names for dogs
Other items that suggest names from Greek mythology and Ancient Greece:
- Troy - famous war between Trojans and Greeks.
- Athens - the most important Poli in Greece.
- Great - in honor of Alexander the Great, conqueror of Persia.
- Plato - important philosopher.
- Achilles - heroic warrior.
- Cassandra - cursed priestess.
- Hello - the giants who defied the gods.
- Moiras - mistresses of the life and destiny of men.
- Galatea - heartbreaker.
- Hercules - strong and powerful demigod.
- Cyclops - name given to mythological giants.
Names for dogs from Egyptian Mythology
Egyptian mythology encompasses Ancient Egyptian beliefs from the predynasty to the imposition of Christianity. More than 3,000 years of development gave birth to divinities characterized by animals and later dozens of gods appeared.
- Ra, Amun, Isis, Osiris, Horus, Seth, Maat, Ptah, Thot.
- Deir El-Bahari, Karnak, Luxor, Abu Simbel, Abydos,
- Ramesseum, Medinet Habu, Edfu, Dendera, Kom Ombo.
Some of the most important pharaohs:
- Narmer, Zoser, Cheops, Khafre, Amosis, Tuthmosis, Hatshepsut,
- Akhenaten, Tutankhamen, Seti, Ramses, Ptolemy, Cleopatra.
Other interesting names:
- Horus - hawk-headed, celestial god is the initiator of Egyptian civilization.
- Anubis - depicted with the head of a desert jackal, guardian of the Necropolis
- Nun - heaven and abode of the gods
- Nefertiti - queen of Egypt in the reign of Akhenaten
- Geb - the land of men
- Duat - the realm of the dead where Osiris ruled
- Opet - ceremonial center, a festival.
- Thebes - capital of ancient Egypt.
- Athyr - death of osiris
- Tybi - appearance of Isis
- Neith - the festival of "Lit lamps "
- Nile - river of life egypt
- Mithra - divinity who dethroned the Persian divinities
Names for dogs from Roman Mythology
The Roman mythology It is based mainly on indigenous myths and cults that later merged with others from Greek mythology.
Main Roman gods:
- Afric: god of the south-west wind.
- dawn: goddess of dawn.
- Bacchus: god of wine.
- Bellona: minor goddess of war.
- Diana: goddess of hunting and sorcery.
- Flora: goddess of flowers
- Janus: god of the beginning
- Jupiter: the main god.
- Mars: God of War
- Neptune: god of the seas.
- Pax: goddess of peace.
- Pluto: god of hell and wealth.
- Saturn: God of Time
- Vulcan: god of fire and metals.
- Victory: goddess of triumph.
- Venus: goddess of love, beauty and fertility.
- Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, Nero, Caesar.
- Galba, Otto, Vitellius, Titus, Pius, Marcus Aurelius, Comfortable, Severe.
Other names related to Roman mythology:
- Bast Y Release - minor agricultural gods give us words like Insitor (sowing) and Messor (Harvest)
- Crete - cradle of the roman people.
- Curia - the oldest Roman assembly.
- Magna patriam - big homeland.
- Sidera - Darling.
- Vixit - unnoticed.
- Beautiful that - war.
- Iniuria - advantage.
Haven't found a name for your dog?
If you have not found the perfect name for your dog, do not despair, keep browsing AnimalWised to know original and beautiful names for dogs or discover some funny names for dogs. But also, if you are still interested in finding a mythological name for your dog or bitch, you can also continue researching Egyptian names for dogs and their meaning..
¡Do not forget to leave us your comments with the chosen name!