Animal file: Persian
One of the main characteristics of the Persian cat is its long and soft coat. But the truth is that to keep it beautiful, shiny and healthy we have to spend time taking care of it through regular brushing and bathing..
The Persian cat, due to its calm and relaxed character, will allow itself to be groomed without problem. It is usually a very conceited and sociable cat.
Whatever the reason why your cat has tangled hair, at AnimalWised we are going to offer you some beauty tips so you know how to remove knots from persian cat.You may also be interested in: Bathing a Persian cat step by step Index
- Remove knots step by step
- Last option: cut the knot
- Prevent Persian cat knots from reappearing
Remove knots step by step
As we have commented previously, it is very important to follow the Persian cat's hair care to keep it soft and tangle-free. If we don't do it properly, the first knots can start to appear. If this is your case, do not worry, below we offer you a simple step by step to eliminate them.
- Hair comb
- Dry conditioner
Steps to follow:
Before you start, and especially if it is the first time you do this, you should know that cats are very special animals that will not let you do everything you want. You must do it in a positive way (you can include sweets) so that the animal is relaxed and does not run away in terror. You should try to do as little damage as possible.
- While you caress him, he begins to feel all the hair without hurting him, the idea is that you look for another possible tangle and that you identify the size of the knot.
- Slightly excessively apply the dry conditioner on top of your Persian cat's tangle of fur and follow the instructions on the product. After the application time, the hair should be softer and less dense.
- Once the application time has passed, you should carefully brush the animal's hair with the comb. It is the most complicated part since the cat does not usually endure hair pulling well. Try to bother him as little as possible.
- Start combing the most superficial layer of the tangle, never try to undo it from the inside. Look at the direction of the hair, for example, to guide you through this process.
- It may be that you manage to undo part of the knot but that the interior, much drier, is still tangled. Reapply the conditioner.
At this point you should be undoing the knot of your cat's hair without problem, but If you see that it is too tangled: go to the next section.
Last option: cut the knot
If your cat's knot is impossible to brush, you will have to cut it. Don't worry, if you do it properly and carefully you can do it yourself at home, although if you are a little scared you can go to a professional place: an animal aesthetic center.
- Hair comb
- Pair of scissors
Steps to follow:
- If your cat has only one knot or they are in isolated places from each other, you are going to use the scissors. Start by feeling the tangle to be cut to determine how far it is from the skin and calculate well what we are going to do.
- ¡Find someone who can help you! If your cat moves it can be really dangerous, don't do this by yourself.
- Start by cutting slowly. It is preferable to cut less than to end up hurting the poor animal. Start at the superficial part of the tangle and work your way until the knot is practically cut.
- Help yourself with the comb if you see that it can already be easily detangled.
- If, on the other hand, your cat has a lot of knots or the knots are too close to the skin you are going to use the electric razor.
- Find someone who knows how to use this instrument. Even if you think it is very easy, if you have not done it before, you can hurt your beloved Persian cat.
- Gently shave knotted areas with the help of another person.
Now that you have managed to rid your cat of knots you should be clear about something: you can prevent the reappearance of knots. Learn to brush your cat in the next section.
Prevent Persian cat knots from reappearing
To prevent the Persian cat from suffering the appearance of knots in its hair again, you will need two things: brushing and bathing. Keep in mind that not all products are ideal for your specific case, you must get products of a minimum quality.
- Shampoo and conditioner: Obviously they must be specific products for cats, but beyond that we find some very specific characteristics such as: for white cats, extra softeners or intense shine. ¡Find the ideal one for your pussycat!
Bathe your Persian cat monthly to prevent dirt from causing tangles in your beautiful hair again.
- BrushesAlthough it would be very useful to have three types of brushes (combs, brushes and cards) knowing how to use them correctly, we can settle for a metal bristle brush with the tips protected.
Brush your cat's hair every day or every other day to keep it healthy and tangle free. Do not forget any part of his body and do it with love and delicacy.
Do not hesitate to visit the gallery of images of the gray Persian cat if this breed seems one of the most beautiful in the world. In addition to beautiful photographs you will find curiosities that perhaps you did not know about the past of this breed.