See Dogs files
Oatmeal is one of the most popular breakfasts in the world, one of the healthiest and richest herbs and with the most health benefits, in addition to being a very economical food.
The best thing about oats is that not only can humans enjoy it, but it can also be included in the diet of our pets. Sometimes we limit ourselves by believing that our dog's diet is reduced to feed, when there is a wide world to discover.
Continue reading this article and find out what they are the benefits of oatmeal for dogs. At AnimalWised we always support healthy and optimal nutrition for all family members.You may also be interested in: Ginger for dogs - Dosage and benefits
Oatmeal is good for dogs
Oatmeal is a completely healthy and beneficial food for all types of dogs, unless the dog is allergic to this herb, of course.
For years, experts in animal nutrition have carried out tests that have determined that including oats in the diet of dogs is a great plus to get to have a complete diet and balanced.
The most important thing is to give this product the right way. Abusing it could have opposite effects on the animal's health, in addition, oats should always be the most natural possible, with less load of additives and sugars, if it can be organic oats, which can be found in any market or health food store , better.
Benefits of oats
Oatmeal is a very complete food, not only, it has a few health benefits, but it is considered a herb of the healing type. It can be ingested or even applied to the skin. The benefits are multiple and covers practically the entire body and organism of the dog. Some of the benefits of oatmeal for dogs are as follows:
- It is an excellent substitute for wheat for animals that are allergic to gluten, as it contains much less levels of this protein.
- It is rich in vitamins B5 and B9, minerals such as zinc, iron, manganese, copper, folic acid and biotin (optimal for the good condition of the hair)
- Source of soluble fiber that works to regulate cholesterol and all intestinal processes, helping to reduce problems such as constipation, diarrhea, gas and even vomiting.
- Good for the skin and hair of the dog. If your dog eats oatmeal, he will have a beautiful and healthy coat. In fact, there are oatmeal shampoos for dogs that act directly in the area and veterinarians and groomers recommend them..
- Improves the production of red blood cells.
- Despite being a carbohydrate, it is highly recommended for overweight dogs, due to its high fiber content and because it also helps maintain a feeling of fullness.
- It is a natural food that contains high amounts of protein and of the best quality.
How to give your dog oatmeal
Is better cook oatmeal before giving it to a dog. You may not like raw oats very much, and you may have a hard time chewing, swallowing, and digesting. From time to time, some people mix the oatmeal with the feed, to achieve an even more complete meal and that the dog does not get bored of the individual flavors ... Find out how to prepare oatmeal cookies, ¡a great option that you may like a lot!
With regard to milk, it is better to do without it, because dogs do not tolerate dairy much. Prepare the oatmeal with water and try not to add sugar, salt or any other additive. After cooking remember to let it cool, you don't want to burn your pet's mouth.
The proper amount of oatmeal for a dog will depend on its weight. An ideal measure is one tablespoon of oatmeal for every 9 kilos, 1 or 2 times a week, no more than 3 times. Small amounts of the best oats will benefit your pet in a big way.