See Cats files
There are many tutors who wonder if The pate it is a good food for your cats or if it can cause digestive problems. The benefits provided by the pate in the nutrition of our kittens will depend largely on the ingredients we use in the preparation.
Therefore, we will always base our homemade recipes for cats on good quality meats (beef, beef, turkey, chicken, fish, etc.), also incorporating vegetables recommended for cats, such as pumpkin, carrot or spinach. Eventually, we can also incorporate egg, lean cheese (cotagge), vegetable milk, rice or whole wheat pasta to complement the recipe, making it more attractive and nutritious for our felines.
However, the patés should not be the basis of the cat's diet, especially of adult cats. Although we incorporate adequate proportions of the essential nutrients in our patés, our felines will also need to eat solid food, since their teeth are prepared and designed for it: they need mechanical action to stay clean.
For adult cats, patés can be offered as a reward for good behavior or simply as a way to indulge and show affection 2-3 times a week. However, patés can be a very good option of homemade food for elderly cats or homemade food for kittens that are finishing weaning and starting to try new foods, as they facilitate digestion and do not need to be chewed.
¿Do you want to know how to prepare very tasty and healthy patés for your feline companion? So, keep reading this AnimalWised article to find out. 5 recipes of paté for cats.You may also be interested in: Chicken Recipes for Cats Index
- Chicken liver pate for cats
- Salmon pate for cats
- Homemade chicken and green bean pate for cats
- Tuna pate for cats
- Meat and pumpkin pate for cats
- Do you want to know more homemade recipes for cats?
1. Chicken liver pate for cats
The Chicken Liver Pate It is a classic not only for cats, but also in international gastronomy. In addition to being very tasty for our cats, chicken liver also provides proteins, vitamins, iron and other minerals that help strengthen their immune system and, therefore, improve their physical resistance.
For cats cubs and elderly, it is also an excellent ally in the fight against anemia. In our recipe, we also incorporate the anti-inflammatory, digestive and antioxidant properties of turmeric.
Next, we show you how to prepare homemade chicken liver pate for your cat:
- 400 grams of chicken liver (if you want, you can also include the hearts)
- 1/2 cup raw spinach finely chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable rice milk (preferably whole)
- 1/3 cup oatmeal (preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- If you have freshly bought livers, you can cook them directly in water alone for 2-3 minutes, until they are fully cooked inside and out. If the liver is frozen, you will need to let it thaw before cooking..
- When the livers are already at room temperature, we will process them together with the vegetable milk and oats.
- We will add the finely chopped spinach and turmeric to finish the preparation.
- With the chicken liver pate finished, you can now serve it to your kitten.
2. Salmon pate for cats
The Salmon It is one of the noblest fish that we can offer to our feline, due to its high contribution of lean proteins, good fats such as omega 3, vitamins and minerals. Next we will explain how to prepare a nutritious salmon pate recipe, ideal for cats of all ages. But in addition, in AnimalWised you can also learn how to make exquisite salmon muffins.
- 300 grams of fresh salmon without skin or 1 can of salmon in oil or natural
- 1 tablespoon (soup) cottage cheese
- 1/2 carrot grated
- Finely chopped fresh parsley
- If you choose to use fresh salmon, the first thing to do is cook it quickly. You can bring a pan with a little olive oil to the fire and simply cook for three to four minutes each side of the salmon fillet. If you bet on the can of salmon, you can skip this step.
- With the salmon already cooked at room temperature, we press it with a fork to crumble it.
- Then, we add the cottage cheese, the finely grated carrot and the parsley. Mix well until obtaining a homogeneous paté.
- ¡Clever! Now you can see how your cat enjoys this tasty homemade salmon pate recipe.
3. Homemade chicken and green bean pate for cats
East chicken and green bean pate It offers lean proteins, ideal for obese or overweight cats, but in addition, it also shows a high content of fibers and vitamins. The beans or green beans have a good supply of water, being ideal for help hydrate your feline and prevent dehydration.
To complement our recipe, we also incorporate garlic, which is a powerful natural antiparasite for dogs and cats, however, it must be offered in a limited way and in small quantities, as an excess of this food can become toxic.
We explain how to prepare this beneficial chicken and green bean pate for your cat:
- Chicken breast or leg (1 unit)
- 1/2 cup of green beans previously cooked
- 1 tablespoon (soup) of natural yogurt without sugars (you can also use Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 garlic grated or cut into very small pieces
- 1 teaspoon flax flour
- First we cook the chicken breast with water and wait for it to be at room temperature to continue with the recipe. If you want to cook beans together with chicken, you should remember that these vegetables require a longer cooking time than chicken meat. Therefore, you should remove the breast from the water and continue cooking the beans, or cook them separately (which is more recommended)..
- With the chicken already at room temperature, we process the breast and beans until obtaining a homogeneous paste.
- Then, we add the yogurt, garlic and flax flour. We mix everything neatly and we already have our cat paté prepared.
4. Tuna pate for cats
This recipe is ideal for those days when we do not have so much time to dedicate ourselves to cooking, but we do not want to avoid offering an exquisite homemade preparation to our felines. Using canned tuna, we can prepare a nutritious and inexpensive pâté in just 5 minutes.
However, remember that you should not regularly offer canned tuna to your kittens, as canned tuna contain a lot of sodium and other chemicals that can be toxic in high concentrations. To enjoy all the benefits of tuna for cats, you will need to give preference to fresh tuna.
- 1 can of tuna in oil (you can use natural tuna and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preparation).
- 1/2 cup of mashed sweet potato boiled in water (you can use potatoes if you don't have sweet potatoes).
- 1 tablespoon (soup) of oats (if organic, better).
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- To make this express paté for your cat, you just need to open the can and mix the fish with the other ingredients, until you get a homogeneous and consistent mixture..
- Then, you can satisfy your pussy's appetite. ¡Simple, fast and exquisite!
5. Meat and pumpkin pate for cats
The pumpkin It is an excellent vegetable for cats, especially when we combine its vitamins and fibers with the proteins and minerals of beef or lamb. This combination allows us to prepare a highly nutritious and easily digestible natural cat food, ideal for preventing and combating constipation in cats. To make our recipe even more nutritious, we also incorporated brewer's yeast, one of the best natural supplements for cats..
- 300 grams of ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (you can also use zucchini)
- 1/2 cup of broth without onion
- 1 teaspoon grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of brewer's yeast
- First, we cook the ground beef for at least five minutes in a pan with olive oil. To prevent it from drying out or burning, we can add a little of the broth (or water) at this time. If you prefer, you can cut the meat with a knife into small pieces, instead of using ground meat.
- Then, we will process the meat with the pumpkin puree and the broth until obtaining a consistent and homogeneous mixture.
- Finally, we add the grated cheese and brewer's yeast, and we can now serve our homemade pate to our cat..
Do you want to know more homemade recipes for cats?
If you have loved our cat patés, you may also like our cat cake recipes, ideal for a special occasion. You will find in Animal Expert many and varied ideas of homemade recipes that we elaborate to help you offer a complete, balanced and very tasty nutrition to your kittens.
However, always remember the importance of consult a vet before incorporating new foods or making radical changes to your cats' diet. If you are thinking of starting to prepare homemade recipes on a daily basis, you should ask the specialist for advice, who will guide you so that you know how to offer a varied diet that respects the Nutritional requirements of your cats without causing health problems.