See Dogs files
¿Have you heard of the pupcakes and you could not resist the temptation to prepare them for your furry companion? ¡You're lucky! At AnimalWised we share four very easy, fast and tasty dog cupcake recipes, with which to reward your best friend or simply indulge with a bite that he will love and make him very happy.
On the other hand, cupcakes are ideal to celebrate their birthday, since you can place the relevant candles and celebrate the big day by providing the honoree with a food that they will enjoy very much. Keep reading and discover with us how to make cupcakes for dogs, as well as a simple frosting to decorate them.You may also be interested in: 4 ice cream recipes for dogs Index
- Before cooking...
- Chicken dog cupcakes
- Apple Oatmeal Dog Cupcakes
- Banana and carrot dog cupcakes
- Simple peanut butter dog cupcakes
- Cheese frosting to decorate cupcakes for dogs
- How to give cupcakes to your dog?
The first thing we must do, always, when we prepare to cook is wash our hands well and arrange the ingredients that we are going to use on the work table. In this way, the process will be much faster and we can check in advance if we have everything we need. Likewise, it is important to know the products that we are going to use and the effects they will generate on our dog. Therefore, below we will do a brief review of the ingredients that we will use to make the cupcake recipes for dogs:
- Whole wheat flour. This type of flour has a higher fiber content than refined flour, a fact that makes it a much more digestible product for dogs. For this reason, the use of common flour is not recommended for the preparation of homemade recipes, being the ideal thing to always opt for whole wheat flour, regardless of the type of cereal.
- Eggs. They provide the dogs with proteins, vitamins, good fats and a large amount of essential amino acids. Since the consumption of more than two eggs a week is not recommended, in none of our recipes will we exceed this amount.
- Peanut or peanut butter. It is an excellent option to replace common butter, since peanut or peanut butter is a more natural and digestible product for dogs, as long as 100% peanut butter is used, without added salt or preservatives, or, if possible, homemade. Provides proteins, vitamins and minerals such as iron.
- Olive oil. This vegetable oil provides multiple benefits to dogs, among which its anti-inflammatory properties and a large amount of vitamin E, omega 3 and good fats stand out..
- Honey. This natural product is another of the most beneficial benefits for dogs due to the contribution of vitamins and minerals it offers, but also due to its healing, antiseptic and relaxing properties..
- Chicken. This is one of the most recommended meats for preparing homemade diets for dogs, due to its low fat content and large amount of protein, among other benefits. Of all the parts that can be used, we opted for the breast.
- Apple. Provides animals with vitamin C, minerals such as calcium and highly beneficial properties for health, being the digestive, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties the most outstanding. It is essential to remove the seeds.
- Plantain. Rich in soluble fiber, in large quantities it can be counterproductive, however, in its right measure it helps fight constipation problems.
- Carrot. Undoubtedly, one of the best foods that a dog can consume, due to its antioxidant, cleansing, digestive properties and a large amount of vitamin A.
- Oatmeal. Natural source of vitamins B5 and B9, iron, magnesium, zinc, biotin and fiber, which favors the condition of the dog's skin and hair and increases the production of red blood cells..
- Soft cream cheese. Soft, fat-free cheese, provided that the animal tolerates it without difficulty, is a product that usually pleases dogs and, in addition, provides minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates.
Other ingredients you can use
If you do not have any of the above ingredients but you are still interested in wanting to make delicious pupcakes for your dog, you should know that you can substitute it for others without problems.
- Fruits. If you don't have an apple or banana, you can use other fruits such as seedless blueberries, pear, peach or strawberry..
- Vegetables. ¿You have no carrot? ¡Do not worry! You can use pumpkin, spinach, and even crushed peas instead..
- Yoghurt. ¿Is your dog allergic to eggs? Use unsweetened plain yogurt to replace it or plant-based milk, such as rice milk, oat milk or almond milk.
- Whole wheat flour. You can use whole wheat flour, oatmeal, rice ..., any type is valid as long as it is whole.
- Meat and fish. If you don't have chicken in your fridge, you can use turkey, boneless white fish, salmon or tuna.
Chicken dog cupcakes
Most dogs love anything that has meat in it. If yours is part of this group, ¡You will love these chicken pupcakes! They are very easy to make, take note of the ingredients and follow the step by step:
- 120 g whole wheat flour
- 60 g chicken breast
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Peanut butter
- Boil the chicken breast, let it cool and blend it with the help of the blender. If you don't have this tool, shred the meat as much as possible.
- In a bowl, mix the oil with the eggs. You can use manual or electric rods.
- Add the meat and continue beating.
- Finally, incorporate the flour and integrate it with a spatula or manual rods making enveloping movements. If you notice that the dough is very compact, add a tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Flour the cupcake molds, cover 3/4 of their capacity with the dough and bake the chicken pupcakes for 10-15 minutes, depending on the power of your oven.
- Prick them with a wooden toothpick to check that they are ready and remove them.
- Once cool, you can decorate them with peanut butter and top with your dog's favorite treat..
Apple Oatmeal Dog Cupcakes
These cupcakes for dogs are perfect for those dogs whose diet is based on feed poor in vitamins and fiber, since both apple and oatmeal help to complement it perfectly.
- 2 peeled apples
- 2 eggs
- 20 ml of olive oil
- 120 g of whole wheat flour (wheat or oatmeal recommended)
- 1 cup rolled oats or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Remove the seeds and cores from both apples. Then, take one of them and grate it, while the other must be crushed to make a puree.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and mix it with the apples, eggs and oil..
- Add the flour with a spatula or manual rods and the baking powder.
- Stir in the oat flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC and flour the cupcake molds.
- Cover the molds until they reach 3/4 of their capacity and bake the pupcakes for 10-15 minutes, or until they are done..
- If you want, about three minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle rolled oats on top.
- Let cool and decorate with peanut butter, cream cheese or leave them as is.
Banana and carrot dog cupcakes
Ideals for dogs with constipation, these pupcakes are very easy and quick to prepare.
- 1 banana
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 ml of honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence (optional)
- 140 g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Mash the banana, peel and grate the carrot.
- Mix the previous ingredients with the egg, oil and honey.
- Add the butter and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and mix with a spatula to integrate making enveloping movements.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC and cover the molds until they fill 3/4 of their capacity.
- Bake the dog cupcakes for 10-15 minutes, or until done.
- Garnish with peanut butter or cream cheese, and a banana slice or your favorite cookie.
Simple peanut butter dog cupcakes
If the previous pupcake recipes have seemed a bit complicated or contain ingredients that your dog does not like, ¡these cupcakes are ideal! Simple, fast and delicious, perfect to reward your dog.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons peanut or peanut butter
- 120 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 80 ml olive oil
- 80 ml of vegetable milk
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the butter and add the honey.
- Add the oil and continue beating.
- Add the milk and finally the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC and distribute the mixture into the floured molds, occupying 3/4 of its capacity.
- Bake the dog cupcakes for 10-15 minutes, or until poked with a toothpick comes out completely clean.
- Let them cool and garnish with peanut butter or cream cheese..
Cheese frosting to decorate cupcakes for dogs
Although all the above dog cupcakes can be decorated with peanut butter or cream cheese, with the help of a pastry bag to improve the presentation, we propose to make a simple frosting for a change and not always offer the same flavors.
- 200g soft cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- You simply have to beat all the ingredients with electric rods until you obtain a smooth cream without lumps..
- Put the frosting in the pastry bag and decorate the pupcakes.
How to give cupcakes to your dog?
As we have already pointed out, cupcakes for dogs should be a complement, they never have to occupy a large part of their entire diet. Due to the amount of flour and cereals they provide, they must be provided once in a while, as a prize or to celebrate a birthday, for example.
On the other hand, it is essential observe the dog after eating in case you have an allergic reaction, such as vomiting, itching, skin rash, or diarrhea. In this case, you should remove what is left of the cupcake and go to the vet to determine the exact food that has generated such a reaction..
And if you want to discover other recipes to offer your furry companion a variety of snacks, check out the following articles:
- Dog cake recipes
- Ice cream recipes for dogs