The bonds between humans and animals provide many more benefits than we could ever imagine. From a very young age a relationship of mutual trust is created and a multitude of social attributes are developed towards these animals, especially love, affection, companionship, and intimacy. Dogs set an example of fidelity and loyalty and teach children to know how to be alone if necessary, to adapt to the rules of the family and of coexistence.
It has been shown that animals contribute favorably to the correct development of children. A pet is capable of educating a child socially, due to its relationship skills, it allows them to learn and structure behaviors. Studies have shown that if babies are exposed to their pets from a very young age they have a stronger immunity. They are less likely to develop colds or ear infections, for example.
In case you had any doubts about how good it is to have a close relationship with our pet or if you are thinking of having one soon, we have compiled 10 reasons why having a pet is really beneficial for our health and well-being. They can reduce stress and anxiety, improve self-esteem and psychological well-being, or have a greater increase in physical activity, as well as regulate the heart rate.
- 1. They strengthen our immune system and reduce the risk of allergies
- 2. Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- 3. Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
- 4. They influence our social relationships
- 5. Help treat depression and other mental illnesses
- 6. They make us sleep better
- 7. They enhance our self-esteem
- 8. They reduce our negativity
- 9. They benefit our physical condition
- 10. Make us enjoy your company
1. They strengthen our immune system and reduce the risk of allergiesVery interesting
According to the latest studies, it has been shown that having a pet from an early age can make us more resistant to asthma, allergies or developing intestinal bacteria, since our immune system becomes stronger and more resistant.
2. Helps relieve stress and anxietyVery interesting
Spending time with our pet can be the best anti-stress therapy, since it makes us feel calmer and it has been shown to reduce the levels of cortisol, the so-called stress hormone, when we interact with them..
3. Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseaseVery interesting
The Australian National Heart Foundation revealed that people who own pets, especially men, have lower levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. This helps us create a healthy lifestyle and prevent cardiovascular disease, and improve the health of our heart..
4. They influence our social relationshipsVery interesting
In addition to creating a relationship with our pet, as if it were our family, many studies have determined that having a pet can improve our human relationships and attract other people to us. In such a way that we develop more empathy and improve our social skills.
5. They help treat depression and other mental illnessesVery interesting
People who have suffered from a mental illness or symptoms of depression say that one of the most important things to feel better is their pet. Also, there are many therapies where effective treatments are applied to alleviate diseases of this type.
6. They make us sleep betterVery interesting
Many pet owners report that sleeping close to their pet makes them more relaxed and gain a sense of security. For what they affirm, that not only do they fall asleep earlier but they rest better at night.
7. They enhance our self-esteemVery interesting
Having a pet makes us be more outgoing, have less fear to face different situations and strengthen our self-esteem, since it improves our confidence in ourselves..
8. They reduce our negativityVery interesting
A study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology with 97 pet owners, showed that after having had a negative social experience, the participants who later remembered their pet did not show any negative feelings and felt just as happy as before to start the experiment.
9. They benefit our physical condition
Those who usually take long walks with their pets have better physical condition than the rest who do it alone or in the company of others. Taking our pet for a walk does not prevent us from being sedentary and feeling more active.
10. Make us enjoy your companyVery interesting
As we have already mentioned, when we spend time with our pet, we feel happier, safer and accompanied. For this reason, they help to avoid the feeling of loneliness.
Source: Very InterestingSummary Article Name Learn about the 10 health benefits of our pets Description The bonds between humans and animals provide many benefits. 10 reasons why having a pet is beneficial to our health. Author Lidia Rodríguez Publisher Name La Nube de Algodón Publisher Logo